Preparing for surgery and Pre-admission testing
If you and your surgeon have elected surgery as a treatment option, your surgeon will schedule your surgical procedure at Schaumburg Surgery Center for you. Your physician will also inform you if any pre-admission testing is required, prior to your scheduled surgery. These tests may include X-rays, EKG or laboratory studies. It is your responsibility to have these tests completed three to seven days prior to surgery.
Prior to your surgical date
Members of Schaumburg Surgery Center’s professional staff will contact you to conduct a personal pre-operative health assessment, obtain your medical history and inform you of any co-insurance or deductibles due at the time of service. Your arrival time is only given the day prior to your scheduled surgery, as the schedule is subject to change. Our staff members will take the time to answer your questions to ensure your expectations are met.
The day before surgery
One of our staff members will call you to review your pre-operative instructions and confirm your arrival time at the surgery center. Remember: no food or liquids after midnight, unless instructed otherwise.
Your surgical day
It is very important that you follow the pre-operative instructions whether you are being admitted for surgery in the morning or afternoon. Failure to do so could cause your surgery to be delayed or canceled. If the Schaumburg Surgery Center pre-operative nurses instructed you to take any morning medications, do so with a small sip of water.
BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU THE DAY OF SURGERY:
- Complete List of Medications
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card(s)
- Any Required Co-Insurance or Deductible
- A Responsible Adult to Accompany You and Drive You Home
Facility fees and insurance coverage
This facility's fees cover the use of the facility only. The facility fees do not include the anesthesiologist or surgeon’s fees and any laboratory or pathology fees, if ordered. You will be billed separately for these fees by those practitioners. We encourage you to contact your insurance company directly to ensure coverage.
- Be prepared to pay any co-insurance/deductible amounts on the day of your surgery.
- Patients who do not have insurance coverage are also required to pay their charges in advance or on the day of surgery.
- As a courtesy, we will bill your primary and secondary insurance carriers or governmental agency directly for the facility's charges.
- Schaumburg Surgery Center accepts cash, cashier's checks, Visa/MasterCard, Discover, CareCredit and personal checks with a valid I.D.
- Schaumburg Surgery Center offers a financing plan called CareCredit. If financing is your preferred option, call CareCredit before your day of surgery at 800-365-8290 or go to www.carecredit.com.
For more in-depth information on Schaumburg Surgery Center’s Financial Policies, please see the Financial Information section on this webpage.
Schaumburg Surgery Center is conveniently located on the 2nd Floor of Barrington Orthopedic Specialists’ Schaumburg Clinic at 929 West Higgins Road.
One of the benefits of outpatient surgery is that you return home the same day of your procedure. This way, your recovery continues in the comfort of your own home.
Upon discharge, we will provide written instructions for your recovery. A nurse will telephone you to monitor your progress. If you have any questions, our nurses are available Monday through Friday during business hours. You may always contact your on-call physician.
We encourage you to complete one of our patient satisfaction surveys. Your feedback is very important to us.