Keeping Your Muscles Healthy in the Winter
How to Keep Your Muscles Healthy in the Winter?
The cold weather may make you dread your workout, but packing away your workout gear and waiting for the warm weather to come back is not the solution. It is important to keep your muscles active year round. Here are a few tips to keep your muscles healthy during the winter months:
• Warm up first. It’s important to get your blood flowing and your muscles warm before your workout.
• Always listen to your body. Watch out for soreness of the tendons or tendonitis, it may be a sign that there is a strain or that the muscle may tear. Consult one of our doctors for more information.
• Keep warm. Keeping limbs warm such as hands and feet will prevent your body from releasing too much body heat. Wear clothing that is appropriate to the weather, as keeping body temperatures stable is crucial in maintaining health.
• Lighten your weight. Joints may not be properly warmed in the winter and using heavier weights may increase your risk of injury.
• Don’t forget to stretch. Stretching after workouts can help prevent soreness and will allow you to recover from your workout quicker.
For more information, please contact the doctors at Barrington Orthopedic Specialists.
Our team is here for you
We offer the best, least invasive and least aggressive options to relieve your pain and symptoms so you can get back to the life you love. Barrington Orthopedic Specialists Spine Care Center has convenient locations in Bartlett, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village and Schaumburg.