Lift Weights and Exercise Safely
How to Lift Weights and Exercise Safely?
Lifting weights can be an effective addition to any exercise or rehabilitation program. However, they need to be done safely and at a good pace for the best results. If you do not follow safety guidelines, serious injuries can occur, setting you back further in your program or regimen.
Follow these easy tips before exercising:
– Breathe free and easy.
– Stretch before lifting, and take a few minutes afterward for a cool-down period.
– Wear proper exercise shoes.
– Use correct weightlifting techniques. For instance, bend your knees and keep your head and back straight.
– Don’t keep lifting while you are experiencing discomfort or pain—take your time.
– Don’t be embarrassed to lift a smaller amount of weight—stay within your capabilities.
– Don’t continue lifting if you are experiencing lightheadedness.
– Don’t be careless when moving weights around the exercise area—continue to use proper lifting techniques.
For more sports medicine information, please visit Barrington Orthopedic Specialists site or schedule an appointment today.
Our team is here for you
We offer the best, least invasive and least aggressive options to relieve your pain and symptoms so you can get back to the life you love. Barrington Orthopedic Specialists Spine Care Center has convenient locations in Bartlett, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village and Schaumburg.