The Patient Portal is an easy and convenient way to get in touch with your doctor’s clinical team. Using the Patient Portal may work better for you than a phone call, because you and your clinical team don’t need to be available at the same time. Many medical providers and their patients find it works very well for asking and answering questions.
Use the Patient Portal to:
- Pay your bill online
- Receive your medical records quickly through a secure online portal
- Ask general questions about your condition or ask questions you may have forgotten to ask at a recent visit
- View upcoming or previous appointments scheduled with your doctor only
- Request a phone call to schedule an appointment
Do not use the Patient Portal for:
- EMERGENCIES or urgent questions (that need an answer the same day)
- Diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions
- Questions about a condition that you have never seen your doctor for
Please also consider:
- Messages sent through the Patient Portal will become part of your medical record.
- Messages may be shared with other healthcare providers involved in your care.
- We try to answer all messages within one business day. If you do not hear from us by that time, please call us.
- Barrington Orthopedic Specialists will provide you with a temporary username and password. You are responsible for changing your temporary password during your first log in. You must keep your username and password private.
- It is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure.
- Barrington Orthopedic Specialists is not responsible if you misplace or lose your username and password and someone else uses them to find information about you.
- Barrington Orthopedic Specialists does not keep your password information on file and will never ask you for your password. Do not give your password to any parties.
- Please don’t use abusive language or treat the Patient Portal as a substitute for an appointment. If you use the Patient Portal inappropriately, Barrington Orthopedic Specialists may deactivate your Patient Portal access.
As a service to our patients, Barrington Orthopedic Specialists completes the registration and enrollment process, which involves creating a temporary username, password, and security questions. You are responsible for changing the temporary password when you first log in. You must keep your username and password private.
If you have questions about our Patient Portal, please call (847) 285-4200.