MEET GABRIEL E. MERLIN, M. D.
Dr. Gabriel Merlin is a board-eligible and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon and specializes in conditions of the hand, shoulder, and elbow. He performs wrist arthroscopy, endoscopic carpal tunnel release, upper extremity joint replacement and reconstruction, upper extremity trauma and complex fractures, soft tissue injuries, compressive neuropathies, finger tip injuries, work and sports-related injuries, nerve and vascular conditions, and biologic injection therapy. He has published on topics including total elbow arthroplasty, non-operative treatment of distal radius fractures, acromion stress fracture following reverse total shoulder arthroplasty, and pectoralis major function after repair.
As a dedicated orthopedic surgeon Dr. Merlin focuses on restoring patients to their optimal functional ability as quickly as possible.
When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Merlin enjoys spending time with his family, snowboarding, hiking, and running.
CLINICAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Conditions & Treatments
- Shoulder Conditions & Treatments
- Compressive Neuropathies
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Nerve and Vascular Conditions
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports Injuries
- Upper Extremity Trauma and Complex Fractures
- Work Related Injuries
- American Society For Surgery Of The Hand
- American Association For Hand Surgery
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Doctorate of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Advanced Fellowship, Hand, Upper Extremity, Microvascular Surgery, Philadelphia Hand To Shoulder Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
864 West Stearns Rd
Barlett, Illinois 60103
404 North McHenry Road
Buffalo Grove, Illinois 60089
120 East Higgins Rd
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
929 West Higgins Road
Schaumburg, Illinois 60195