MEET DR. KEITH E. SCHROEDER
Dr. Keith Schroeder is an accomplished board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon and specializes in knee revision and joint reconstruction and shoulder conditions. He is the founder of Barrington Orthopedic Specialists.
Patients have described Dr. Schroeder as a compassionate physician who addresses all your questions and concerns. His knowledge, skills, and demeanor have earned him the admiration of his peers, countless patients and their families. Dr.Schroeder focuses on restoring patients to their optimal functional ability as quickly as possible.
Dr. Schroeder has been the Team Physician for Schaumburg High School since 1980.
When he’s not working, Dr. Schroeder enjoys sailing, fishing, skiing,motorcycle riding, and spending time with family.
CLINICAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Knee Conditions & Treatments
- Shoulder Conditions & Treatments
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Partial Knee Replacement MAKO Robotic-Arm Assisted
- Total Knee Replacement MAKO Robotic-Arm Assisted
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Sports Medicine
- Injection-Based Treatment
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Arthroscopy Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Chicago Orthopedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Central States Occupational Medical Association
- Loyola University Medical School, Maywood, IL
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL
- Pediatric Orthopedics, Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Board-Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Served as a Major, United States Army Medical Corps, Fort Sill, Lawton, Oklahoma
- Director of Education Staff
SURGERY CENTER AFFILIATIONS
Dr. Schroeder Performs Pro Bono Surgery For Philanthropist
Over the years, Barrington Orthopedic Specialists’ Dr. Keith Schroeder has performed many joint replacements—thereby significantly improving the lives of countless patients—and as a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon, he makes his living by generously sharing his knowledge and skills with those in need.
Recently, Dr. Schroeder took that generosity to a new level. A local philanthropist had spent the past 10 years living abroad when she sustained a knee injury that left her in severe need of surgery.
At no cost to her, Dr. Schroeder performed a total knee replacement, repairing her injury and enabling her to return overseas to resume her work abroad.
“As an orthopedic surgeon, I’ve always had a passion for returning patients to the activities they love,” says Dr. Schroeder. “I considered it a privilege to be able to help someone who has made it her living to help others.”