Chronic Nerve Pain in the Foot, Ankle and Lower Leg
Chronic pain of any kind can be debilitating, with extreme negative impacts on your quality of life. However, chronic nerve pain – also known as neuropathic pain – can be uniquely difficult, since symptoms vary, diagnosis can be hard to achieve, and relief can be hard to find.
Chronic pain can come from bad trauma that left you with complications. Failed surgery with nerve issues.
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, we are proud to offer the most effective, least invasive, and least aggressive options to relieve your pain and symptoms, giving you the support you need to return to the life you love. We’re passionate about providing accurate diagnoses, giving patient-focused care, and offering the most conservative treatment plans available to minimize pain, cost, and recovery time for all of our patients.
If you’re ready to get to the root cause of your chronic nerve pain and receive some of the most advanced treatment available in the greater Chicago area, don’t wait. Schedule your first appointment with the team at Barrington Orthopedic Specialists today.
Specializing in Nerve Repair & Decompression
Chronic nerve pain can occur for a number of reasons, but some of the most common causes diagnosed by our team of specialists are nerve damage and nerve compression. When a nerve is damaged or “pinched” by swollen or scarred tissue, the result can be a serious amount of pain in a number of areas.
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, we offer a number of minimally-invasive solutions to help patients achieve relief from chronic neuropathic pain, including:
- Treatment of Primary or Failed Tarsal Tunnel Surgery: Tarsal tunnel syndrome is a compression of the tibial nerve that causes pain and numbness in the feet and toes. The team at BOS can perform an initial surgery to decompress the tibial nerve or correct a previous surgery that has not offered relief.
- Microsurgical Nerve Transfers: During a nerve transfer, your surgeon will take a portion of a healthy nerve and suture it to replace a damaged nerve, offering relief from pain. These can be used to correct a number of conditions, including drop foot.
- CRPS Surgical Treatment Options: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is an extremely painful chronic condition that can affect the upper or lower extremities. Peripheral nerve surgery may be able to help alleviate these severe symptoms.
- RSD Surgical Treatment Options: Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD) causes severe and chronic pain in the upper and lower extremities, usually presenting itself after another injury or a stroke. BOS is proud to offer minimally-invasive surgical options for patients to find relief.
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulators for Chronic Pain: Peripheral nerve stimulators are an exciting piece of technology that can help patients find relief from chronic nerve pain by targeting the nerves that send pain signals to their brains.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which areas of the body are most commonly affected by neuropathic pain?
Neuropathic pain is characterized by the fact that it affects the nervous system. Therefore, any nerve can be affected by chronic neuropathic pain. Many patients experience pain in the peripheral nerves, which affect the upper and lower extremities, as well as the spinal cord.
Where is Barrington Orthopedic Specialists located?
Barrington Orthopedic Specialists has multiple conveniently accessible locations across the greater Chicago area. Our offices can be found in:
- Bartlett, IL
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Schaumburg, IL
How can I get started with the best nerve pain specialists near me?
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, we make it easy to get started with the top orthopedic specialists in Illinois. Just use our online tool to select a time that works for you, and we’ll be in contact shortly.