We often think of our bodies as solid, unchanging structures, but this is not always the case. Whether it’s due to a congenital issue that has been with you from birth or it’s the effect of a failed surgical procedure, your musculoskeletal system can sometimes develop deformities that can be corrected by a highly-trained physician.
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, our team of orthopedists is skilled and experienced in correcting deformities using the most effective, least invasive, and least aggressive techniques available in the field. We’ll give you the support you need to return to the life you love with an accurate diagnosis, patient-focused care, and conservative treatment plans designed to minimize your pain and accelerate your recovery.
If you’re ready to address a musculoskeletal deformity issue with some of the most advanced treatments available in the greater Chicago area, don’t wait. Schedule your first appointment with the team at Barrington Orthopedic Specialists.
Correction of Club Foot, Bunions & Failed Surgeries
When a bone has bent, twisted, or healed in an otherwise improper position, the result is known as a musculoskeletal deformity. These deformities can be painful, limit your mobility, cause your movement to become imbalanced, and may even affect the appearance of your affected area. In the long term, these deformities can cause even more musculoskeletal problems, as your body remains out of alignment until treatment is administered.
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, we offer a number of minimally-invasive solutions to correct common deformities, including:
- Arthritis fusion surgery in the foot and ankle: Ankle fusion surgery, also known as arthrodesis, is a procedure that involves combining your ankle bones in order to treat arthritis. By “fusing” these bones using screws and plates, the joint affected by arthritis can be completely eliminated.
- Correction of failed surgical procedures: If you’ve undergone a procedure that was not successful, your body may have healed in a way that has caused a musculoskeletal deformity. The surgeons at Barrington Orthopedic Specialists can correct the deformity while addressing the initial aim of your surgery.
- Correction of adult clubfoot: Clubfoot is a common congenital condition in which the foot is turned severely inward, causing the bottom of the foot to face sideways. Though it is usually corrected in infancy and rarely recurs, our surgeons are experienced in correcting clubfoot in adults who are struggling with this deformity.
- Correction of adult flatfoot or high arch feet: Having an appropriate shape in the arch of the foot is essential for supporting your body weight and moving without pain and damage. That’s why both flat feet and abnormally high arches are considered deformities and should be corrected using minimally-invasive procedures.
- Correction of failed bunion surgery: Bunions occur as a result of an unstable joint in the center of your foot, and a failed bunion surgery can result in a deformity in the foot. If you’ve undergone an unsuccessful surgery to correct a bunion, our specialists can complete the procedure and correct any deformities that occurred as a result.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to correct a deformity?
Depending on what sort of deformity you’re struggling with and where your affected area is, your physician may take one of two approaches to its correction:
- Acute correction, wherein a surgeon corrects the deformity at one time using surgical techniques.
- Gradual correction, wherein your orthopedist will work to correct the deformity over an extended period of time, usually between several weeks to several months.
When you visit Barrington Orthopedic Specialists for your consultation, your physician will work with you to determine which approach is right for you.
Where is Barrington Orthopedic Specialists located?
Barrington Orthopedic Specialists has multiple conveniently accessible locations across the greater Chicago area. Our offices can be found in:
- Bartlett, IL
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Schaumburg, IL
How can I get started with the best deformity correction specialists near me?
At Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, we make it easy to get started with the top foot and ankle specialists in Illinois. Just use our online tool to select a time that works for you, and we’ll be in contact shortly.