This month, we’re thrilled to announce two new additions to our team of highly-trained surgeons: Dr. Hans Zhang and Dr. Rohan Gopinath. We’ve also been busy sponsoring events in our community and keeping our local high school sports teams healthy. Keep reading to learn more!
Meet Our Newest Surgeons: Dr. Zhang & Dr. Gopinath
BOS is excited to welcome Dr. Hans Zhang and Dr. Rohan Gopinath to our team. We’re fortunate to have their expertise and experience to help improve the quality of care we can offer our patients.
Dr. Zhang is a board-eligible, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in treating orthopedic conditions and injuries of the spine. He has mastered many techniques to help patients get back to activities of daily living sooner, including minimally invasive, robotic, and endoscopic approaches. Dr. Zhang also believes in the value of motion-sparing surgery, such as disc replacement and laminoplasty, as well as muscle-sparing surgical techniques.
Dr. Zhang earned his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, NC, where he also completed his training in orthopedic surgery. He then went on to a combined orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowship at the Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, KY.
Dr. Gopinath is a board-eligible, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive primary and revision joint replacement. He has advanced training in robotic-assisted total knee and total hip replacements, partial knee replacement, as well as the anterior approach to total hip replacement.
Dr. Gopinath obtained his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, MI and completed his residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center/ Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, MD. He went on to complete joint replacement fellowship training at the Northshore Orthopaedic & Spine Institute in Chicago, IL.
Stay tuned to our blogs and social media to learn more about our new providers!
Community Outreach: Event Sponsorships
Barrington Orthopedic Specialists is proud to have sponsored the following local community events:
- Aubree’s Hope Annual Golf Outing and Dinner: Aubree is a five-year-old girl who was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome, a rare genetic neurological disorder. We were proud to support t raising funds for Aubree’s family!
- WBAI Golf Outing: The Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (WBAI) held its . This outing brought together judges, attorneys, government officials, and legal service providers for an afternoon of friendly competition.
- Elderwerks 9th Annual Aging Better Senior Expo: The Elderwerks Senior Expo offers seniors information, activities, and prizes focused on aging well and staying healthy – while having fun! here and join us next year.
- 45th Annual Lake Zurich Alpine Races: We were proud to sponsor this annual run along the streets and along the shores of Lake Zurich, IL. about the Alpine Runners and join the fun next year!
- Health & Wellness Just 4 the Health of It Expo (9/7): about the 16th annual Health & Wellness Just 4 the Health of It expo by the Hanover Township Office of Community Health! Almost 100 vendors are showcasing services, offering screenings, and resources for physical, mental, environmental, and financial health. Fun for the whole family with a kid-friendly zone, entertainment, and more.
- Itasca Oktoberfast 5K (9/9): The Oktoberfast, presented by Itasca Runners Club, benefits local organizations supporting families and individuals in need. , so join us for the Itasca OktoberFast 5K and help promote healthy, active, and productive lifestyles.
- Healthy Kids Running Series (9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, and 10/15): This annual event helps kids to get active and have fun, with runs available for all ages and skill levels! .
- Elk Grove Hometown Parade (9/16): Join us for the . We're celebrating our remarkable First Responders! Let's make our way to Lions Park, where the Oktoberfest festivities await. Stick around for fun activities, games for the little ones, authentic German cuisine, and an array of refreshing drinks. We can't wait to see you at the parade!
- School District 54 Run to Read 2023 (9/17): BOS is proud to be an Official Sponsor of at Dirksen School in Schaumburg. All proceeds for the event will be used to support literacy in School District 54 by purchasing books for the classrooms of new teachers.
- Fellowship Housing Golf Outing 2023 (9/21): Come and join us for the ! Experience a wonderful day of golf with exciting contests, amazing prizes, a silent auction, delicious food, and refreshing drinks. Together we will empower local at-risk single moms to create a new legacy.
- 2023 Lemons of Love Pink Lemonade 5K Run/Walk (10/1): Join our community at this yearly gathering to raise funds and awareness for Lemons of Love. With your support, we can keep spreading love to those affected by cancer. Don't miss out – bring your loved ones of all ages and !
Fall Football Season: BOS’s Local Team Physicians
Fall football season is here, and we already have pictures from the first game of the season! Dr. Jereb (left) is covering the Palatine High School game, and Dr. Obermeyer (right) is covering the Fremd High School game.
The physicians at Barrington Orthopedic Specialists have the privilege to work with 5 high schools in the area covering varsity football games and working closely with the athletic trainers and athletes. You may see our physicians on the sidelines at Buffalo Grove, Fremd, Hoffman Estates, Palatine, and Schaumburg high schools!
Community Education: Dr. Rotstein at the Annual Athletic Trainers’ Meeting
Barrington Orthopedic Specialists, very own Dr. Jason Rotstein was at Hoffman Estates High School on July 31st to give a lecture to the area’s athletic trainers during their annual meeting.